I’m really notorious for pinning recipes and ideas to my boards on Pinterest and never touching them again.
Every Monday night, a few of my good friends and I get together to watch “The Bachelorette” (or “The Bachelor” or “The Bachelor Pad”…) and enjoy tasty treats.
It’s just a fun way for us to see each other, catch up, and have some quality girl time. And because we DVR it, we’re able to wait until we all put our own kids to bed so we have all fulfilled our “mommy duties.”
This week I wanted to make something special for the girls, so I turned to Pinterest and knew these were the perfect thing!
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes
Ingredients for the Cupcake:
- 1 French Vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cinnamon toast crunch cereal crumbs (run through a food processor)
- 1/2 cups butter (room temperature)
- 1 3/4 cup cinnamon toast crunch cereal crumbs (run through a food processor)
- 5 tsp vanilla
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
How To Make Them:
- Mix all batter ingredients.
- Pour your batter into cupcake liners and bake for 13-15 minutes at 350ºF.
- Once a tooth pick comes out clean, set aside and allow the cupcakes to cool before icing.
- Mix all the ingredients together until you get a desired consistency.
- Use a thicker icing tip, since the frosting contains bits of the cereal.
- After icing the cupcakes, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (which is just equal parts cinnamon to sugar), and top with a Cinnamon Toast Crunch square (right before serving or else they get soggy)!
The recipe yields roughly 24-30 cupcakes.
The recipe was a HUGE hit! I’m pretty sure these will be my new favorite cupcakes!
Recipe modified from BS’ in the Kitchen