I spent the last weekend with my friend who is a “couponer.”
She isn’t extreme, but she can save a considerable amount of money every week with her coupons.
When we were at the grocery store she began to show me her ways and I had a blast!
While it wouldn’t probably be as easy with two little ones in tow, I still think I want to get into it.
Where To Find Coupons
How to Maximize Your Savings
- Shop at stores that double coupons (not in my town…sad)
- Keep your coupons with you at all times – you never know when you may need them
- Match coupons to sales – use a site like couponmom.com to help you do this
- Learn each store’s coupon policy
How to Keep Coupons Organized
- Develop a filing system. Many couponers organize their coupons by grocery category–dairy, frozen foods, deli, etc. – but it’s not the only way to go. Find a filing system that works for you.
- Find a container to hold your coupons. Use a shoebox, a storage container, a coupon binder, a coupon wallet or a recipe box
- File coupons the same day you get them. Or at least try to file them as soon as you can.
- Purge regularly. Expired coupons won’t save you money, so don’t let them hog space in your coupon file.
These are the tips I found so far, but I really want advice from you experts. Please sound off in the comments and let me know your best tips, tricks and strategies for couponing!